Attention! There is a newer version available!
Here is a new release of the Gmu Music Player. Version 0.10.0
comes with a couple of new features and bugfixes. Also, lots of code has
been changed/rewritten for better quality, security and performance.
Since Gmu turns 10 this year (I released the first version of Gmu for the GP2X back in 2006),
0.10.0 seems like a suitable version number for this anniversary release.
Noteworthy new features and bugfixes:
- A configuration dialog in the SDL frontend for configuring lots of Gmu
settings previously configurable through the config file only is now included
- Gmu now stores its configuration and playlist information in XDG compliant locations
(typically ~/.config/gmu and ~/.local/share/gmu)
- An Ogg Opus decoder plugin for decoding Opus audio files
- A new module decoder plugin using the OpenMPT decoder library
- An experimental media library feature (disabled by default; only usable from gmuc currently)
- Optional fade-out on skip feature (fades out the current track when user explicitly chooses another track)
- A few fixes for supporting musl libc based systems
- More robust networking code in gmuc (faster detection of lost connection) and Gmu
- Command line mode for gmuc utility for controlling Gmu through command line commands
e.g. "gmuc play /path/to/file.ogg" or "gmuc pause"
- Improved build system with a configure script for auto detecting features (not autotools based)
This is mostly a source release right now, but I have built a version for the
Z2 as well. It has been built using mozzwald's OpenWRT toolchain, so it runs
on OpenWRT with musl libc.
Source gmu-0.10.0.tar.gz (493 KB)
Zipit Z2 OpenWRT build gmu-0.10.0-zipit-z2.zip (475 KB)